Apr 13, 2011

First Post

So the idea for a blog really started as an outgrowth from my interest in Astronomy.  Back in December of 2010 I was looking for a way to get more astronomy time into my life, which is difficult while raising a family and working in a profession that requires an enormous amount of travel.  The thought occurred to me that I could knock astrophotography off of the bucket list.

My large amount of time spent on the road would provide me a lot of downtime to study and learn image processing, to actually work with data that I collect on my weekends at home and to join more fully in the wider Internet community.  So while I'm sorting all of this out and working on a first proper post - I'll open my first entry with the first astrophoto that started it all.

This is a widefield shot of Cassiopeia taken from my light polluted backyard in December 2010.  A total of 22 minutes of exposure from a Canon 60d.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,


    Really looking forward to seeing your new blog evolve. I know the feeling of having limited time at the scope. Have added your site to my RSS feed at my astro site. Clear Skies!


    Do you have a contact via email link on the blog?

    ReplyDelete